Macaca
08-12 11:23 AM
Pending cases = EB + Family + Refugee + Asylum + ... = Backlogged cases + Unripe cases = 1,275,795 (page 11) + 1,316,740 (Figure 1, page 14) = 2,592,535 (as of March 2007)
What is an unripe case?
even if the application or petition were approved today, a benefit could not be conferred for months or years to come. (page 11)
cases that do not have an available visa or an FBI name check, and cases that are in suspense for other reasons deemed beyond USCIS’ control (page 12)
There will be severe consequences from rapid fluctuations in priority dates.
If the priority date became current today, due to delayed USCIS processing and thus underutilization of visa numbers, some have predicted that within a few months as many as 500,000 to 750,000 individuals now residing in the United States under a temporary worker visa could apply for a green card.
Additionally, DOL’s recent backlog elimination efforts, scheduled to be completed by September 30, 2007, are predicted to add 70,000 or more approved labor certifications yielding as many as 170,000 additional green card applications.
As USCIS begins to complete these applications and request visa numbers from DOS, the 140,000 statutorily authorized visa numbers will be used. DOS then will be required to retrogress priority dates.
Consequently, most applicants in this scenario will find themselves trapped whereas they anticipated timely receipt of a green card, their wait exceeds seven or more years.
In addition, all future employment-based green card applicants effectively would be barred from applying for many years.
(From page 35 of Ombudsman's Report (http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOMB_Annual_Report_2007.pdf))
What is an unripe case?
even if the application or petition were approved today, a benefit could not be conferred for months or years to come. (page 11)
cases that do not have an available visa or an FBI name check, and cases that are in suspense for other reasons deemed beyond USCIS’ control (page 12)
There will be severe consequences from rapid fluctuations in priority dates.
If the priority date became current today, due to delayed USCIS processing and thus underutilization of visa numbers, some have predicted that within a few months as many as 500,000 to 750,000 individuals now residing in the United States under a temporary worker visa could apply for a green card.
Additionally, DOL’s recent backlog elimination efforts, scheduled to be completed by September 30, 2007, are predicted to add 70,000 or more approved labor certifications yielding as many as 170,000 additional green card applications.
As USCIS begins to complete these applications and request visa numbers from DOS, the 140,000 statutorily authorized visa numbers will be used. DOS then will be required to retrogress priority dates.
Consequently, most applicants in this scenario will find themselves trapped whereas they anticipated timely receipt of a green card, their wait exceeds seven or more years.
In addition, all future employment-based green card applicants effectively would be barred from applying for many years.
(From page 35 of Ombudsman's Report (http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOMB_Annual_Report_2007.pdf))
wallpaper the rides and attractions
belmontboy
03-15 09:39 PM
If your case is older than 12 months from the date of judgement you can have your case expunged from public records. As of today your's is a public record and is on every entry point in the country. As per immigration laws the IO has the authority to turn you back if you have been found guilty. The best for you is to have the expungement of your case and no one will have the access to your case except FBI.. This may take anywhere 2-3 months from the date you file for expungement..
Avoid travelling till your expungement is done..to be considered for expungement there should not be any other sace pending against you.
Good Luck.. talk to your attorney and file for it even if you are not travelling it will be good for you for future employment etc. also..
RV
Getting expungement wouldnot help in his case.
For immigration purposes, his conviction stands.
Everytime when he visits consulate for a visa or enters USA at POE, he needs to indicate this on documents and provide explanation (if asked ) with relevant documents.
Avoid travelling till your expungement is done..to be considered for expungement there should not be any other sace pending against you.
Good Luck.. talk to your attorney and file for it even if you are not travelling it will be good for you for future employment etc. also..
RV
Getting expungement wouldnot help in his case.
For immigration purposes, his conviction stands.
Everytime when he visits consulate for a visa or enters USA at POE, he needs to indicate this on documents and provide explanation (if asked ) with relevant documents.
admin
04-27 01:00 PM
learning01,
Sorry for the delay. I was out of action for the last week or so and hence couldn't reply earlier. Thanks for your suggestions and keep them coming.
We have added more words to the meta keywords of the site. However we do have to realize that what really matters in Search Engine rankings is the linking from other sites. Hence as we're getting more and more exposure, more sites link to us and it is boosting our ranking.
Siva
Two days back I searched "Immigration Voice" and "immigrationvoice.org", it gave no results. As I posted in this thread (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=9527#post9527) here on IV, I suggested that we should modify the meta tags of IV site and expose them to search engines.
While I am awaiting those changes, I did the same search again at Google. The first 2 results are for immigrationvoice.org
This is indeed a transformation.
Search Google for Immigration Voice (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=gmail&q=%22Immigration%20Voice%22)
Search Google for immigrationvoice.org (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=immigrationvoice.org&btnG=Search)
Readers, click each of the above links and see the results for yourselves (and improve the search rank, by clicking)
Sorry for the delay. I was out of action for the last week or so and hence couldn't reply earlier. Thanks for your suggestions and keep them coming.
We have added more words to the meta keywords of the site. However we do have to realize that what really matters in Search Engine rankings is the linking from other sites. Hence as we're getting more and more exposure, more sites link to us and it is boosting our ranking.
Siva
Two days back I searched "Immigration Voice" and "immigrationvoice.org", it gave no results. As I posted in this thread (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=9527#post9527) here on IV, I suggested that we should modify the meta tags of IV site and expose them to search engines.
While I am awaiting those changes, I did the same search again at Google. The first 2 results are for immigrationvoice.org
This is indeed a transformation.
Search Google for Immigration Voice (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=gmail&q=%22Immigration%20Voice%22)
Search Google for immigrationvoice.org (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=immigrationvoice.org&btnG=Search)
Readers, click each of the above links and see the results for yourselves (and improve the search rank, by clicking)
2011 disneyland paris rides and
svgupta
05-22 03:31 PM
Please help us as I might be away for few hours .
We need cotribution by everyone
Thanks
sure thing!
however, is it possible to have a couple of more important/relevant threads always on the top (maybe top 3-5 slots reserved), so that these important threads (like LIVE updates, Media drive, Contribution to IV) don't get lost (more often in some trivia being discussed).
also, as new members are logging to this group, they should be gently reminded that free lunch often upsets the stomach, so even a small/any contribution would help them feel better ;)
We need cotribution by everyone
Thanks
sure thing!
however, is it possible to have a couple of more important/relevant threads always on the top (maybe top 3-5 slots reserved), so that these important threads (like LIVE updates, Media drive, Contribution to IV) don't get lost (more often in some trivia being discussed).
also, as new members are logging to this group, they should be gently reminded that free lunch often upsets the stomach, so even a small/any contribution would help them feel better ;)
more...
sri1309
01-14 09:23 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
This is the funniest post ever !
Hi GC, knot sure why you felt it was fannie. Mai I have a klue..
Lets get serious NOW.. I just read one post from one of our dear buddies in change.gov thread that voting is possible now on http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov.
Please register and vote positively, . Once logged in, search for immigration. AND vote for all the issues that are relevant for us. EB2 and EB3.. Vote for Legal immigrants.
Pappu Bhai, can we make this action item , if you can blink this message once every 2 secs on top of the home page, everyone visiting will try to vote.. Please..
http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov
This is the funniest post ever !
Hi GC, knot sure why you felt it was fannie. Mai I have a klue..
Lets get serious NOW.. I just read one post from one of our dear buddies in change.gov thread that voting is possible now on http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov.
Please register and vote positively, . Once logged in, search for immigration. AND vote for all the issues that are relevant for us. EB2 and EB3.. Vote for Legal immigrants.
Pappu Bhai, can we make this action item , if you can blink this message once every 2 secs on top of the home page, everyone visiting will try to vote.. Please..
http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov
greencard_fever
10-11 10:58 AM
There will not be any advance in dates for both Eb2/EB3 (I)..this is my guess.
more...
pappu
03-04 09:21 AM
msp1976 Thank you for the article. We will try to get it published in US media. Thanks
2010 Euro Disney
485_spouse
10-04 02:25 PM
Which center did you apply and where did you send the supporting documents?
Did you send it to the address generated on the receipt?
Sorry for not replying earlier.
We applied to NSC. Documents were sent to address generated on the recipet.
As I wrote earlier, EAD was approved which was sent in the same folder.
How do we create 'expediate request'? we are not planning to go out this year.
How do I connect to IO directly? Service Reps are the call center are useless!!
Did you send it to the address generated on the receipt?
Sorry for not replying earlier.
We applied to NSC. Documents were sent to address generated on the recipet.
As I wrote earlier, EAD was approved which was sent in the same folder.
How do we create 'expediate request'? we are not planning to go out this year.
How do I connect to IO directly? Service Reps are the call center are useless!!
more...
pani_6
06-28 02:23 PM
See what the last para of the memo says....
During this timeframe the USCIS will determine whether
it is able to process these cases with in 15 calendar days of reciept.
"IF SO" premium processing will be once again made avaialabe for FORM I-140 petitions
During this timeframe the USCIS will determine whether
it is able to process these cases with in 15 calendar days of reciept.
"IF SO" premium processing will be once again made avaialabe for FORM I-140 petitions
hair tattoo paris, disney world rides disneyland paris rides and attractions.
docwa
08-05 01:41 PM
Yes, Its the same number, but at one of the prompts, you need to put a different number for LIN.
more...

apnair2002
05-14 08:12 PM
Once it is I40 is appoved it will go to national visa processing .. .Once the pd is current NVC will send a mail to you to pay the fees. Once they receive the fees they will send all the documents to consulate . Usually i think it is 45 days to 3 months depending upon your luck. After that consulate will call you for interview.
http://www.hooyou.com/consularprocess/faq.html
http://www.cptracker.com/
http://www.hooyou.com/consularprocess/faq.html
http://www.cptracker.com/
hot more rides and attractions
NNReddy
09-15 11:44 AM
Like the other guy you said, I have an equity of 200,000 in one house and 50,000 in other house. I still don't have green card. I have around 300,000 in
401k and 150,000 in brokerage accounts. My net worth is around 800k, most of my money is in this country. If I want to continue my lifestyle, I need my GC, that will secure my right to live in this country. AFter 9 years of tax paying and law abiding life, I think i have a right to live in this country, but with this stupid laws don't know when i will get my GC.
401k and 150,000 in brokerage accounts. My net worth is around 800k, most of my money is in this country. If I want to continue my lifestyle, I need my GC, that will secure my right to live in this country. AFter 9 years of tax paying and law abiding life, I think i have a right to live in this country, but with this stupid laws don't know when i will get my GC.
more...
house guide to Disneyland Paris
WeShallOvercome
07-08 12:43 PM
I have EAD approved and 485 pending over 180 days. But 140 is still in process. My company decided to lay me off. What options do I have ?
1. The company is not mean to revoke my 140 unless it is required by law to revoke 140 for all lay offs, Please advise.
2. What options do i have now to retain my GC process
Popoye,
You have a little tricky situation at hand, but you'll be okay if what you wrote is true - Your employer will not revoke your pending I-140. Not only that, they have to be nice enough to respond to any RFEs that come for your case. they can state that the imimgration application they filed for you is for a future position.
Also, USCIS has a guideline about these cases. They are supposed to see if your I-140 was 'approvable' if it had been adjudicated within 180 days or before you leave the company, which I think it should be.
I understand there are some anxious days ahead for you, but If I had to bet, I would bet on successful result of your case in the end :).
Just make sure that your old employer doesn't revoke your I-140
BTW, when was your I-140 filed?
cheers
1. The company is not mean to revoke my 140 unless it is required by law to revoke 140 for all lay offs, Please advise.
2. What options do i have now to retain my GC process
Popoye,
You have a little tricky situation at hand, but you'll be okay if what you wrote is true - Your employer will not revoke your pending I-140. Not only that, they have to be nice enough to respond to any RFEs that come for your case. they can state that the imimgration application they filed for you is for a future position.
Also, USCIS has a guideline about these cases. They are supposed to see if your I-140 was 'approvable' if it had been adjudicated within 180 days or before you leave the company, which I think it should be.
I understand there are some anxious days ahead for you, but If I had to bet, I would bet on successful result of your case in the end :).
Just make sure that your old employer doesn't revoke your I-140
BTW, when was your I-140 filed?
cheers
tattoo Disneyland Paris is a great
sbabunle
09-22 06:57 PM
called today
more...
pictures There are so many rides and
nixstor
07-14 06:14 PM
Hey Guys,
I am so intrigued by this whole affair � I am not going to comment on USINPAC, however, I know Robinder Sachdev personally and can vouch for him and let us get things clear � about Robinder Sachdev. I am dismayed and sad � and wanted to step up to the plate for our good friend. I hope you will appreciate my spirit.
Guys, this guy is an asset for any team. How many of us know his name�versus others you know? I do not mind going out on a limb for Robinder as a person � all you need to do is read what he writes. And I would like to answer the question of EAGERR2I about what Robinder may be thinking about our efforts�please go to http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1109544. An analysis like that � in the main editorial page of the number 1 newspaper of Bombay, read by the CEOs, film makers, and politicians � imagine what the impact of his words is?
And last week he had an article about the nuclear deal in India Abroad�it was such a brilliant and balanced analysis. So maybe let us stop bashing up the talent we have�rather let us talk to him and see how he can help us � both in the US and India. I may be getting overly carried away, but I am in the same boat as you all are, and my family is hurting emotionally because of this mess we all are in�but I know how much this guy is working on issues of our interest. I just felt like getting this out of my system upon reading some of the comments in IV.
There are very few, if any, maybe a total of 4 or 5 people, in the US and India, like Robinder who understand the business, strategic affairs, and politics between the US and India; and the complexities of the relations and the peoples in both countries; and the issue of Indians in America (which means Indian Americans, GC applicants, and also H1 workers).
Robinder will be the last person to seek any publicity out of this. Let�s get all the help that we need from this very influential and highly networked individual for our current and future print and visual media initiatives from Robinder who genuinely believes in the cause and wants to help IV.
Peace� V
navkap,
I personally am not questioning Robinder's achievements/accomplishments. I am glad that the media mishap is ironed out and it ends there as one of our member said. No one has personal grudges here. You have been a member of IV from 2006 and know Robinder to an extent where you can go on a limb, how come you havent pushed him hard to support this, if not along with IV, but on his own. I have been visting a lot of immigration related internet forums for a while and I never saw any efforts towards this from any American Indian Citizen community. It could just be a coincidence that I might have not noticed any such efforts. I am more than happy to end this discussion here and stop retrospecting. The media mishap has been clarified. Lets leave it there, unless the American Citizen Indian community wants to do their part in achieving our common goal.
What say?
I am so intrigued by this whole affair � I am not going to comment on USINPAC, however, I know Robinder Sachdev personally and can vouch for him and let us get things clear � about Robinder Sachdev. I am dismayed and sad � and wanted to step up to the plate for our good friend. I hope you will appreciate my spirit.
Guys, this guy is an asset for any team. How many of us know his name�versus others you know? I do not mind going out on a limb for Robinder as a person � all you need to do is read what he writes. And I would like to answer the question of EAGERR2I about what Robinder may be thinking about our efforts�please go to http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1109544. An analysis like that � in the main editorial page of the number 1 newspaper of Bombay, read by the CEOs, film makers, and politicians � imagine what the impact of his words is?
And last week he had an article about the nuclear deal in India Abroad�it was such a brilliant and balanced analysis. So maybe let us stop bashing up the talent we have�rather let us talk to him and see how he can help us � both in the US and India. I may be getting overly carried away, but I am in the same boat as you all are, and my family is hurting emotionally because of this mess we all are in�but I know how much this guy is working on issues of our interest. I just felt like getting this out of my system upon reading some of the comments in IV.
There are very few, if any, maybe a total of 4 or 5 people, in the US and India, like Robinder who understand the business, strategic affairs, and politics between the US and India; and the complexities of the relations and the peoples in both countries; and the issue of Indians in America (which means Indian Americans, GC applicants, and also H1 workers).
Robinder will be the last person to seek any publicity out of this. Let�s get all the help that we need from this very influential and highly networked individual for our current and future print and visual media initiatives from Robinder who genuinely believes in the cause and wants to help IV.
Peace� V
navkap,
I personally am not questioning Robinder's achievements/accomplishments. I am glad that the media mishap is ironed out and it ends there as one of our member said. No one has personal grudges here. You have been a member of IV from 2006 and know Robinder to an extent where you can go on a limb, how come you havent pushed him hard to support this, if not along with IV, but on his own. I have been visting a lot of immigration related internet forums for a while and I never saw any efforts towards this from any American Indian Citizen community. It could just be a coincidence that I might have not noticed any such efforts. I am more than happy to end this discussion here and stop retrospecting. The media mishap has been clarified. Lets leave it there, unless the American Citizen Indian community wants to do their part in achieving our common goal.
What say?
dresses disneyland paris rides and attractions. +rides+at+disneyland+paris
ragz4u
01-23 01:58 PM
Hi guys, I just contributed $50. Will be contributing more in the next few weeks. I also want to volunteer in other group efforts. Let me know how I can help. I live in IL.
In addition to that we are currently in the process of creating local teams for every state. You can volunteer to create a team for the state of Illinois. Are you willing to do so?
In addition to that we are currently in the process of creating local teams for every state. You can volunteer to create a team for the state of Illinois. Are you willing to do so?
more...
makeup first EuroDisney Paris
coolvigo
09-11 05:01 PM
Dont worry. In July we'll all be current again.
JULY ????
JULY ????
girlfriend There are several themed rides
nixstor
08-01 01:06 PM
You can't generalize. If your kids are smart they can get into better colleges like IITs etc. I think you are confusing the issue about adaptability with good future prospects.
Wait a second. If you are not adaptable to the new environment, it becomes a rat race.If the situation is not conducive, your smartness aint gonna help. I think thats what the OP clearly meant. Its not easy for a kid who is in 8th grade in US to snugly fit into Indian System. Coming to the IIT's, Have you ever compared the total number of seats available in IIT's to the accepted numbers from IVY leagues and other big schools. In India, you have to be the best among the best to get into IIT's. You have to be best here and oh yeah.. You dont have to lose some of the smartness to reservations. But I agree with you that parents should let children pursue their own interests rather than thinking about him/her being a doc/eng.
Wait a second. If you are not adaptable to the new environment, it becomes a rat race.If the situation is not conducive, your smartness aint gonna help. I think thats what the OP clearly meant. Its not easy for a kid who is in 8th grade in US to snugly fit into Indian System. Coming to the IIT's, Have you ever compared the total number of seats available in IIT's to the accepted numbers from IVY leagues and other big schools. In India, you have to be the best among the best to get into IIT's. You have to be best here and oh yeah.. You dont have to lose some of the smartness to reservations. But I agree with you that parents should let children pursue their own interests rather than thinking about him/her being a doc/eng.
hairstyles disneyland paris rides and
waitingnwaiting
05-31 09:04 AM
Anything for EB relief ? I dont see a content in the bill language.
It recaptures 20 thousand visa numbers
It recaptures 20 thousand visa numbers
byeusa
07-11 09:25 AM
thank you, USINPAC. Scamsters.!
sdrblr
08-25 05:54 PM
I got a red for this
I mean when i say good news - someone needs a therapy:p
Would like to clear two things:
1) I did not give you red :)
2) Mine is TSC all the way from 140, no RFE, same company for 6 years + and still no result :)
I mean when i say good news - someone needs a therapy:p
Would like to clear two things:
1) I did not give you red :)
2) Mine is TSC all the way from 140, no RFE, same company for 6 years + and still no result :)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar