fatjoe
10-31 12:42 PM
My EAD application has been pending more than 90 days.
Just called the USCIS office.
Look like the center it has been sent to is processing EAD's of date: May 03.
So my application is still 2.5 months away.
The agent tells me that I can get an interim EAD, by scheduling an appointment using InfoPass: http://infopass.uscis.gov/index.php
Just posting this since, I had earlier asked about the 90 day rule for EAD's(if you do not get within 90 days, you can get from local office) and everyone told me that .. this rule was dead and buried.
Looks like it isn't :)
Did you get your FP?
I went to local office(Detroit, MI), and they said that they no more issue interim EADs. Also, they said that we should have got our FP notice before approaching them for EAD.
Just called the USCIS office.
Look like the center it has been sent to is processing EAD's of date: May 03.
So my application is still 2.5 months away.
The agent tells me that I can get an interim EAD, by scheduling an appointment using InfoPass: http://infopass.uscis.gov/index.php
Just posting this since, I had earlier asked about the 90 day rule for EAD's(if you do not get within 90 days, you can get from local office) and everyone told me that .. this rule was dead and buried.
Looks like it isn't :)
Did you get your FP?
I went to local office(Detroit, MI), and they said that they no more issue interim EADs. Also, they said that we should have got our FP notice before approaching them for EAD.
wallpaper Also new to Sidekick LX is
BharatPremi
11-09 01:19 PM
to those who replied, i'm sure iv can use all your skills
please make sure your profiles are completed, we cannot proceed without basic contact information on you.
we may eventually ask you for a resume- not that we need all the details but it does help understand background and skills and you will get a much better fit for your volunteer work. this is something we have learnt from past experience...
everyone willing to help is welcome. please do not forget the profile!!!
What main theme do you expect for probable resume?
please make sure your profiles are completed, we cannot proceed without basic contact information on you.
we may eventually ask you for a resume- not that we need all the details but it does help understand background and skills and you will get a much better fit for your volunteer work. this is something we have learnt from past experience...
everyone willing to help is welcome. please do not forget the profile!!!
What main theme do you expect for probable resume?
Templarian
11-20 02:57 PM
So just curious if you were going to put this up for the weekend.
2011 price of the new Sidekick.
rbalaji5
02-09 03:48 PM
Hi,
I have gone to India last Nov (2008) and got the H1B stamping upto Aug 2010. while entering the U.S due to the expiry of passport, I got the I-94 upto July 2009. Now I need extend my I-94.
I am planning to go out of country to get the I-94. Shall I go to Mexico to get the new I-94 ?. Note I have the stamping.
Shall I fly or drive ?. Which is the preferred way to get the new I-94. ? Any one did like this before ?. Your help is appreciated.
Thanks.
I have gone to India last Nov (2008) and got the H1B stamping upto Aug 2010. while entering the U.S due to the expiry of passport, I got the I-94 upto July 2009. Now I need extend my I-94.
I am planning to go out of country to get the I-94. Shall I go to Mexico to get the new I-94 ?. Note I have the stamping.
Shall I fly or drive ?. Which is the preferred way to get the new I-94. ? Any one did like this before ?. Your help is appreciated.
Thanks.
more...
keiryu
06-28 04:28 PM
You can have AOS and H-1b concurrently. If you have the time, I would renew your H-1B visa at the consulate and re-enter using H-1b. It is much less hassle than to return using AP.
gcformeornot
12-31 02:19 PM
who are not so very lucky as me... please boast for this thread....
more...
GC_newbee
11-06 10:07 PM
Any other ideas/suggestions friends?
2010 sidekick-razr-slide.jpg
uma001
12-07 03:05 PM
My brother chose to leave USA on his own, after working for 6 years, without applying GC. He was getting 120K here in USA. In India, he joined Oracle Corp and his salary is almost same (about Rs.55Lacs). Indian salaries are becoming excellent these days.
Which position did your brother apply for and which technology?. 55 lakhs is too high for a person who has only 6 years of US experience.
Which position did your brother apply for and which technology?. 55 lakhs is too high for a person who has only 6 years of US experience.
more...
Bpositive
12-08 10:19 PM
by the way, I forgot to mention that I was in India when my GC was adjudicated on Oct 22.
At the immigration POE, I told the officer that my GC was granted while I was away. They took me to a room, I waited for 10 minutes, they checked on their system and later told me that I'm good to enter on GC. I looked at my passport where they had canceled my H1 visa and stamped LPR on the immigration stamp which stands for Legal Permanent Resident.
So, no probs returning to the U.S. I even took the liberty to stand in the GC/ citizen Q at the airport :D
That's very useful feedback....appreciate it.
At the immigration POE, I told the officer that my GC was granted while I was away. They took me to a room, I waited for 10 minutes, they checked on their system and later told me that I'm good to enter on GC. I looked at my passport where they had canceled my H1 visa and stamped LPR on the immigration stamp which stands for Legal Permanent Resident.
So, no probs returning to the U.S. I even took the liberty to stand in the GC/ citizen Q at the airport :D
That's very useful feedback....appreciate it.
hair new sidekick coming out 2011.
spicy_guy
07-30 02:27 PM
Can someone translate (if you have patience)?
more...

thepaew
11-09 07:43 AM
I have decent writing skills and can help with writing or reviewing any documents or presentation materials. I don't live near the DC area but am willing to meet MA lawmakers locally.
--
MA Chapter
--
MA Chapter
hot Successor Of The Sidekick 4
ganguteli
04-23 09:18 AM
Focus on your goal. Emotions may not take you there.
If I am in your place, i wont argue with that lawyer. I will try to get full co-operation from that lawyer, and make him file another LC, after proper review from your side. Obviously you need support from employer also.
It is your choice. And yes you can file legal case against law firm. But then what?
morchu, people like you who put their tail between their legs are the reason some are stuck in retrogression and exploited by our employers and have to face some unprofessional and bad lawyers.
yes you can file a complaint against the lawyer and his license will be revoked. See
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/HOW_TO_REPORT_A_BAD_IMMIGRATION_LAWYER
Just because your labor is cleared you have no feelings for the person on this thread who had to wait for 2 years. Can anyone give him back his lost time?
If I am in your place, i wont argue with that lawyer. I will try to get full co-operation from that lawyer, and make him file another LC, after proper review from your side. Obviously you need support from employer also.
It is your choice. And yes you can file legal case against law firm. But then what?
morchu, people like you who put their tail between their legs are the reason some are stuck in retrogression and exploited by our employers and have to face some unprofessional and bad lawyers.
yes you can file a complaint against the lawyer and his license will be revoked. See
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/HOW_TO_REPORT_A_BAD_IMMIGRATION_LAWYER
Just because your labor is cleared you have no feelings for the person on this thread who had to wait for 2 years. Can anyone give him back his lost time?
more...
house Sidekick LX 2009 » The Beast
needhelp!
01-18 04:46 PM
makes sense to me..
tattoo Sidekick to a new
sats123
03-11 01:29 AM
My AP was mailed by USCIS in January and I never received it. Called USCIS customer service, they said I need to apply again by paying $305 again. Called up USPS and they cannot find it, USPS said they will be sending me apology letter.
Did any one lost AP in mail, did any of you refile again.
Did any one lost AP in mail, did any of you refile again.
more...
pictures on the new Sidekick LX,
polapragada
10-23 05:56 PM
This seems pretty amazing. I wonder how it will play out in action.
"On October 20, the Senate followed the House of Representatives in voting to protect surviving family members when either the petitioner or the principal beneficiary of a petition dies. President Obama is expected to sign this legislation shortly.
Presently, the law provides that when the petitioner or the principal beneficiary dies, so does the petition. Typically, if the beneficiaries are present in the U.S., their applications for adjustment of status are denied and they are placed in removal proceedings.
* WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THE NEW LAW?
Not only does the new law eliminate the infamous "widow penalty", it does so much more!
When either the petitioner or the principal beneficiary dies in a wide variety of instances, the law acts to protect the surviving family members:
There are few options for surviving relatives:
For example, there is a section of the law which provides that a surviving spouse of a U.S. citizen can self-petition for permanent residence, but only if the marriage occurred at least two years before the petitioner's death.
There is also a regulation which provides that where the petitioner of a family-based petition dies before the beneficiaries of the petition became permanent residents, the beneficiaries may request that the USCIS reinstate the petition for "humanitarian" reasons.
1) Parents, spouses and children of a U.S. citizen with pending or approved petitions;
2) Beneficiaries, principal or derivative, of pending or approved family-based petitions;
3) Beneficiaries, principals or derivative, of pending or approved employment-based petitions;
4) Beneficiaries, principal or derivative, of pending or approved asylee/refugee relative petitions;
5) Nonimmigrants entitled to "T" (trafficking victims) or "U" (crime victims) status.
Since the waiting times for family-based and employment-based preference can range up to between five and 22 years, often petitioners and principal beneficiaries die before the beneficiaries of the petition can obtain permanent residence.
........
* EXAMPLE #4 - Employment-Based Petition
Dr. Kumar is a physician born in India. His wife and daughter reside with him in the U.S. He is in H-1B status. His wife and daughter are in H-4 status. Dr. Kumar completed his medical residency in the U.S. on a J-1 visa. Then, for three years, he worked in a medically-underserved area in H-1B status. In 2006, his employer submitted a PERM application on his behalf. It was approved in the Spring of 2007. In July 2007, when all the employment-based numbers became current, Dr. Kumar's employer submitted an EB-2 visa petition on his behalf. Simultaneously, Dr. Kumar, his wife and daughter all applied for adjustment of status. Then his priority date retrogressed. In 2009, Dr. Kumar was killed by a drunk driver. Under present law, the visa petition would be revoked. Under the new law, Dr. Kumar's wife and daughter would be permitted to continue with their applications to adjust status. The visa petition could only be revoked if the USCIS determined that its continued approval would not be "in the public interest".
* CONCLUSION
The new law will provide immigration benefits to "survivors" in various types of immigration cases where either the petitioner or the principal beneficiary dies before the other family members are able to become permanent residents.
However, the law is complex, and the extent of its benefits will not be known until after the USCIS and the State Department promulgate regulations, or issue memos, explaining how they plan to implement the new law."
http://shusterman.typepad.com/nation...y-members.html
It is very good law...Thanks for sharing..
"On October 20, the Senate followed the House of Representatives in voting to protect surviving family members when either the petitioner or the principal beneficiary of a petition dies. President Obama is expected to sign this legislation shortly.
Presently, the law provides that when the petitioner or the principal beneficiary dies, so does the petition. Typically, if the beneficiaries are present in the U.S., their applications for adjustment of status are denied and they are placed in removal proceedings.
* WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THE NEW LAW?
Not only does the new law eliminate the infamous "widow penalty", it does so much more!
When either the petitioner or the principal beneficiary dies in a wide variety of instances, the law acts to protect the surviving family members:
There are few options for surviving relatives:
For example, there is a section of the law which provides that a surviving spouse of a U.S. citizen can self-petition for permanent residence, but only if the marriage occurred at least two years before the petitioner's death.
There is also a regulation which provides that where the petitioner of a family-based petition dies before the beneficiaries of the petition became permanent residents, the beneficiaries may request that the USCIS reinstate the petition for "humanitarian" reasons.
1) Parents, spouses and children of a U.S. citizen with pending or approved petitions;
2) Beneficiaries, principal or derivative, of pending or approved family-based petitions;
3) Beneficiaries, principals or derivative, of pending or approved employment-based petitions;
4) Beneficiaries, principal or derivative, of pending or approved asylee/refugee relative petitions;
5) Nonimmigrants entitled to "T" (trafficking victims) or "U" (crime victims) status.
Since the waiting times for family-based and employment-based preference can range up to between five and 22 years, often petitioners and principal beneficiaries die before the beneficiaries of the petition can obtain permanent residence.
........
* EXAMPLE #4 - Employment-Based Petition
Dr. Kumar is a physician born in India. His wife and daughter reside with him in the U.S. He is in H-1B status. His wife and daughter are in H-4 status. Dr. Kumar completed his medical residency in the U.S. on a J-1 visa. Then, for three years, he worked in a medically-underserved area in H-1B status. In 2006, his employer submitted a PERM application on his behalf. It was approved in the Spring of 2007. In July 2007, when all the employment-based numbers became current, Dr. Kumar's employer submitted an EB-2 visa petition on his behalf. Simultaneously, Dr. Kumar, his wife and daughter all applied for adjustment of status. Then his priority date retrogressed. In 2009, Dr. Kumar was killed by a drunk driver. Under present law, the visa petition would be revoked. Under the new law, Dr. Kumar's wife and daughter would be permitted to continue with their applications to adjust status. The visa petition could only be revoked if the USCIS determined that its continued approval would not be "in the public interest".
* CONCLUSION
The new law will provide immigration benefits to "survivors" in various types of immigration cases where either the petitioner or the principal beneficiary dies before the other family members are able to become permanent residents.
However, the law is complex, and the extent of its benefits will not be known until after the USCIS and the State Department promulgate regulations, or issue memos, explaining how they plan to implement the new law."
http://shusterman.typepad.com/nation...y-members.html
It is very good law...Thanks for sharing..
dresses T-Mobile Sidekick LX 2009
Macaca
02-09 12:47 PM
(don't hate me, I'm English).
Please don't flame me, I am trying to be honest.
One of my Deans used to have this poster in his office : No Guts, No Glory!
Please don't flame me, I am trying to be honest.
One of my Deans used to have this poster in his office : No Guts, No Glory!
more...
makeup New-sidekick-lx
gcformeornot
04-01 06:55 PM
do not post on this forum. I am personally don't like LC subs. Genuine reasons for LS I can understand but this pure abuse of LS.
People pl do not answer.
People pl do not answer.
girlfriend a new Sidekick LX (2009)
QuickGreenCard
04-20 05:57 PM
Hey gc28262,
I am in the same boat as you. I applied for both EAD & AP last year to Texas Service Center. I have gotten my EAD but not AP. The following is my online status for AP:
Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On August 13, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
I called many times and was able to open up a service request. They sent me a letter saying the same thing that I can see online. Everyone told me to re-apply or send I-824 (Application for action on approved petition with the fees $340, costs more than the AP application itself).
Could you please post the address where you have mailed. I would like to try the same to see if my luck changes any.
Thanks
Srini
I am in the same boat as you. I applied for both EAD & AP last year to Texas Service Center. I have gotten my EAD but not AP. The following is my online status for AP:
Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On August 13, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
I called many times and was able to open up a service request. They sent me a letter saying the same thing that I can see online. Everyone told me to re-apply or send I-824 (Application for action on approved petition with the fees $340, costs more than the AP application itself).
Could you please post the address where you have mailed. I would like to try the same to see if my luck changes any.
Thanks
Srini
hairstyles the new Sidekick LX
meridiani.planum
03-31 09:06 PM
Hi All Gurus:
I am changing my employer with pending I-140 and I-485 both > 180 days.
RD: 07/23
ND: 09/13
EB2/TSC
PD:12/04
I might recieve an RFE as I did not submit experience letters from my previous employers. I have a masters degree from US.
Just in case I get an RFE on I-140 and old lawyers/old company chose not to respond what are my options? I have letters with me now and can myself respond to RFE if I know what it is about.
if RFE goes unresponded is MTR the only option left??
Thanks in anticipation.
RFE goes to employer/attorney, you wont get a chance to give those experience letters unless employer co-operates. The I-140 will be denied, appeal/MTR also wont work because the I-140 is the employers petition. If they dont co-operate, why will they appeal?
Hang on till your I-140 is approved, dont lose everything by just a couple of months haste...
I am changing my employer with pending I-140 and I-485 both > 180 days.
RD: 07/23
ND: 09/13
EB2/TSC
PD:12/04
I might recieve an RFE as I did not submit experience letters from my previous employers. I have a masters degree from US.
Just in case I get an RFE on I-140 and old lawyers/old company chose not to respond what are my options? I have letters with me now and can myself respond to RFE if I know what it is about.
if RFE goes unresponded is MTR the only option left??
Thanks in anticipation.
RFE goes to employer/attorney, you wont get a chance to give those experience letters unless employer co-operates. The I-140 will be denied, appeal/MTR also wont work because the I-140 is the employers petition. If they dont co-operate, why will they appeal?
Hang on till your I-140 is approved, dont lose everything by just a couple of months haste...
reverendflash
10-21 01:59 AM
there are a ton of sites out there for just that... how to improve your snapshots...
You didn't learn how to walk in a day, photography is the same, trial and experiment. With digital cameras, it is so cheap. I can't wait to take pix next week in Yosemite (camping w/my girlfriend)...
:P :P
Rev:elderly:
You didn't learn how to walk in a day, photography is the same, trial and experiment. With digital cameras, it is so cheap. I can't wait to take pix next week in Yosemite (camping w/my girlfriend)...
:P :P
Rev:elderly:
slowwin
02-22 02:31 PM
Full time genrally means atleast 9 credit hours per semster (could be more).
If you are in the same job for the same employer and are performing your 40 hours , it's better to be on that H1-B or AOS(EAD) status. This might not be possible in every university and or every graduate program but some of them have evening classes mostly. so you just get into your program and take classes but your status is H1-B or EAD (some universities even consider you domestic or instate for tuition purposes if you were working in that state for more tan year prior to begining the program.
AOS in that case is not jeopardised. I am in your exact situation, and this is what I understand. Always consult your attorney before you proceed.
regards,
slowwin
If you are in the same job for the same employer and are performing your 40 hours , it's better to be on that H1-B or AOS(EAD) status. This might not be possible in every university and or every graduate program but some of them have evening classes mostly. so you just get into your program and take classes but your status is H1-B or EAD (some universities even consider you domestic or instate for tuition purposes if you were working in that state for more tan year prior to begining the program.
AOS in that case is not jeopardised. I am in your exact situation, and this is what I understand. Always consult your attorney before you proceed.
regards,
slowwin
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar