mnq1979
10-23 10:48 AM
Bad idea to leave after two days. He should allow for 3 business days at least and then go to Pak.
I had my visa stamping done in Canada this summer and got the visa in 2 business days. My appointment was Wednesday and got the passport with visa stamped on Friday afternoon . This is the best case scenario.
And yes I'm from Pakistan :)
Ok, thanks for the info...really appreciate it...will let him know to stay atleast 3-4 days and then leave.....by the way did u go to Ottawa for stamping or some place else in canada?
secondly can u please also tell me that if the visa officer told u after ur interview that u would need to come on friday to pick get ur visa stamp or did they jst say that they will inform u? do u remember by any chance that if the visa officer told u that u would have certain # of days to come and stamp ur visa once they inform u that ur visa is ready for stamping?
thanks n sorry for the multi threads !!!!
I had my visa stamping done in Canada this summer and got the visa in 2 business days. My appointment was Wednesday and got the passport with visa stamped on Friday afternoon . This is the best case scenario.
And yes I'm from Pakistan :)
Ok, thanks for the info...really appreciate it...will let him know to stay atleast 3-4 days and then leave.....by the way did u go to Ottawa for stamping or some place else in canada?
secondly can u please also tell me that if the visa officer told u after ur interview that u would need to come on friday to pick get ur visa stamp or did they jst say that they will inform u? do u remember by any chance that if the visa officer told u that u would have certain # of days to come and stamp ur visa once they inform u that ur visa is ready for stamping?
thanks n sorry for the multi threads !!!!
wallpaper Scotland,world atlas is an
navin80
06-20 09:30 AM
I am in a similar situation. But my employer previous employer says he would file for 485 only if I return to my old company.
so, If I need to go back to him,
1. Do I need to transfer my H1B back to the old company. My 797 expires in Nov'08
so, If I need to go back to him,
1. Do I need to transfer my H1B back to the old company. My 797 expires in Nov'08
conchshell
07-07 09:32 AM
I was wondering if we have approached "Consulate General of India" and Ministry for Immigrant Indians (Aapravasi Bhartiya Mantralaya) and check if they can help us in this visa fiasco. Indian statesman and good enough in visiting America to get foreign investment at the state or central level, but where do they stand when the same disapora need their help to find injustice they face on the foreign land. Any thoughts?
May be we can get their help to gather support from pro India congressmen and senators
May be we can get their help to gather support from pro India congressmen and senators
2011 Goode#39;s World Atlas. Africa
kondur_007
05-12 01:45 PM
The above statement is incorrect. You will have to re-file the LC in addition to the I-140 for a port. There is some more info on Eb3 to Eb2 here: Upgrading from EB3 to EB2 (http://www.imminfo.com/Library/green_cards/EB/upgrading_eb3_eb2.html)
While it is true that majority of the time (when job titles and descriptions are substantially different) you need to new PERM; I know at least two cases who were able to port using the SAME labor and filed new I 140 under EB2. It all depends on original job description and language of original PERM vs new job description.
Bottom line: get a consultation from a good attorney before giving it up.
Good Luck.
While it is true that majority of the time (when job titles and descriptions are substantially different) you need to new PERM; I know at least two cases who were able to port using the SAME labor and filed new I 140 under EB2. It all depends on original job description and language of original PERM vs new job description.
Bottom line: get a consultation from a good attorney before giving it up.
Good Luck.
more...
satishbsk
07-08 05:58 PM
How do u know that?
When I and my wife gave DNA, the volunteer who collected told that they collected 20 k so far and it is tough to get a match, and it might be only Indian DNA may match to Vinay.
When I and my wife gave DNA, the volunteer who collected told that they collected 20 k so far and it is tough to get a match, and it might be only Indian DNA may match to Vinay.
eucalyptus.mp
02-16 03:37 PM
I am working in US from Feb 2007 to till date. I was on H1-B visa This H1-B petition is valid till 30 sep,2009. I am currently on project which ends on 31 March 2009 . Before that I want to change my employer .
Some ppl suggested me Transfer H1 with extention immediately. Some said that stay with current employer have extention and then transfer .
Is there any problem now a days for H1 Transfers ?
Please give me your valuable suggestions.
Thanks...
Some ppl suggested me Transfer H1 with extention immediately. Some said that stay with current employer have extention and then transfer .
Is there any problem now a days for H1 Transfers ?
Please give me your valuable suggestions.
Thanks...
more...
dog123
09-18 06:01 PM
I got receipt on August 29 and approval e-mail on Today (September 18th).
Rashesh
Rashesh
2010 tourist World atlas andmap
new_horizon
03-14 05:11 PM
$600 for individual. $1200 for joint filing (hus & wife), and $600 for each dependent (child). Don't know if parents (dependents) are included.
also there is a ceiling in AGI.
Single - <75K;
Joint - <150K
but the amount gradually decreases as your AGI reaches the ceiling : (
I just got the IRS letter with the info yesterday.
Its part of Bush's stimulus package... I don't don't think anything is required on your part besides filing taxes. The rebates should be coming in around May according to NPR, if I am not mistaken. $600 per individual filing. In a joint filing $600 each for husband and wife, $300 for each kid (ceiling?)
also there is a ceiling in AGI.
Single - <75K;
Joint - <150K
but the amount gradually decreases as your AGI reaches the ceiling : (
I just got the IRS letter with the info yesterday.
Its part of Bush's stimulus package... I don't don't think anything is required on your part besides filing taxes. The rebates should be coming in around May according to NPR, if I am not mistaken. $600 per individual filing. In a joint filing $600 each for husband and wife, $300 for each kid (ceiling?)
more...
thomachan72
09-11 04:35 PM
There seems to be two waiting with PD 2003??? who are these people and what is their issue?? please let us know what your problem is? People with PD early 2005 are being aproved and you are still waiting? does not make any sense. You need to do something.
hair Governance,physical map newest
gc_kaavaali
09-16 03:55 PM
Take a break of being responsible man.
Education....
Job...
Nice life to parents and siblings...
Marriage...
Nice life to wife...
kids...
nice life to kids...
THIS LIST NEVER ENDS. I WOULD SAY TAKE A BREAK BEING RESPONSIBLE MAN. :cool: You know what i mean to say!!! DO WHATEVER YOU WANTED TO DO FOR FEW DAYS (ATLEAST)
I got past strip bars or junk like that long time back... I am going to do something similar to what you said. I am going to become more responsible citizen and would start enjoying life more..
Education....
Job...
Nice life to parents and siblings...
Marriage...
Nice life to wife...
kids...
nice life to kids...
THIS LIST NEVER ENDS. I WOULD SAY TAKE A BREAK BEING RESPONSIBLE MAN. :cool: You know what i mean to say!!! DO WHATEVER YOU WANTED TO DO FOR FEW DAYS (ATLEAST)
I got past strip bars or junk like that long time back... I am going to do something similar to what you said. I am going to become more responsible citizen and would start enjoying life more..
more...
jack_suv
07-20 10:33 AM
Hi all,
As one reply pointed out,
AC21 portability means you retain the same green card application i.e. labor, i-140 and i-485 after 6 months of filing i-485 and i-140 is approved.
EAD is a way to get a job. Obviously using EAD is easier than filing H1.
So you can use AC21 by using H1 and still retain spouse's H4.
You can also use AC21 by using EAD but at that point your spouse's H4 is gone out of status.
As one reply pointed out,
AC21 portability means you retain the same green card application i.e. labor, i-140 and i-485 after 6 months of filing i-485 and i-140 is approved.
EAD is a way to get a job. Obviously using EAD is easier than filing H1.
So you can use AC21 by using H1 and still retain spouse's H4.
You can also use AC21 by using EAD but at that point your spouse's H4 is gone out of status.
hot Sapiens, denisovans, africa
ski_dude12
04-01 05:51 PM
Why did you not stick with the approved labor with company A, thus retaining the priority date of Nov 2006???
If you used substitution labor just to get ahead of others who are in the line, then I hope no one answers your query. I won't be as critical as zCool but substitute labor cases are repulsive.
If you used substitution labor just to get ahead of others who are in the line, then I hope no one answers your query. I won't be as critical as zCool but substitute labor cases are repulsive.
more...
house Great fora world atlas of

pappu
07-30 09:08 AM
I decided to write this post after seeing a comment ‘there is no IV core per se’ on another thread by a member and also seeing how people ask questions during these calls.
I have been in a couple of calls in the past and have more or less decided to stay away from them. Here are some of my reasons:
Most callers come to these calls to ask questions on their own personal case and think as if Ombudsman office will solve their problem in the call. This does not happen. They are always asked to contact the office using a form if they want any answer about their own case. Even the callers waiting for their turn to ask questions do not take the clue and still continue to ask questions about their case status and get the same standard answers. This in my opinion is a waste of time and opportunity our community gets to interface with Obudsman’s office.
In the past the call topics were very different from the questions asked and people never cared to stay within the agenda. Even in yesterday’s call, how many of us really read the Ombudsman’s 2008 report before going to the call and asked questions about the report , discussed inefficiencies in the system and asked progress on the steps being taken to improve them?
If most of the call time is wasted in individual case questions and standard responses, we will never get a chance to fix the system and help ourselves and everyone. The community needs to rise above their own selfish interests and think as a community. IV core has always put community’s interest before their own and have never created action items or ask lists that are tailored for their own cases. We have always used the meeting opportunities with administration and lawmakers to discuss problems faced by the community rather than an individual and discussed solutions that will benefit the community rather than an individual.
Only once we start thinking like a community can we succeed. Else there will be divisions in the community. EB2s and EB3 will argue with each other. People will leave IV once they get their own GC or even do not care about others waiting in behind them. The fact that not even one thousand members have contributed a nominal $5 in the latest campaign tells us something.
I hope this post at least makes a difference in the next Ombudsman call.
I have been in a couple of calls in the past and have more or less decided to stay away from them. Here are some of my reasons:
Most callers come to these calls to ask questions on their own personal case and think as if Ombudsman office will solve their problem in the call. This does not happen. They are always asked to contact the office using a form if they want any answer about their own case. Even the callers waiting for their turn to ask questions do not take the clue and still continue to ask questions about their case status and get the same standard answers. This in my opinion is a waste of time and opportunity our community gets to interface with Obudsman’s office.
In the past the call topics were very different from the questions asked and people never cared to stay within the agenda. Even in yesterday’s call, how many of us really read the Ombudsman’s 2008 report before going to the call and asked questions about the report , discussed inefficiencies in the system and asked progress on the steps being taken to improve them?
If most of the call time is wasted in individual case questions and standard responses, we will never get a chance to fix the system and help ourselves and everyone. The community needs to rise above their own selfish interests and think as a community. IV core has always put community’s interest before their own and have never created action items or ask lists that are tailored for their own cases. We have always used the meeting opportunities with administration and lawmakers to discuss problems faced by the community rather than an individual and discussed solutions that will benefit the community rather than an individual.
Only once we start thinking like a community can we succeed. Else there will be divisions in the community. EB2s and EB3 will argue with each other. People will leave IV once they get their own GC or even do not care about others waiting in behind them. The fact that not even one thousand members have contributed a nominal $5 in the latest campaign tells us something.
I hope this post at least makes a difference in the next Ombudsman call.
tattoo Printed and copiedblank africa
meridiani.planum
12-17 06:23 PM
Sorry I was away from my computer for a while.
Thanks for all your help Guys.
We are talking to Lawyer, Murthy law today.
It's an employment based.
This case of I-485 is 2004.
We talked to USCIS and they say to wait for notice and they do not have nay reason to tell over phone as they do not have access to NOTICE.
Hope Lawyer comes out with something.
THank you all
Great help and moral support from all of you at Immigration VOice.
curious: have you hired Murthy's lawfirm now or have they been handling your case all along?
Do keep us posted on this. All the best! Hope it all works out for you...
Thanks for all your help Guys.
We are talking to Lawyer, Murthy law today.
It's an employment based.
This case of I-485 is 2004.
We talked to USCIS and they say to wait for notice and they do not have nay reason to tell over phone as they do not have access to NOTICE.
Hope Lawyer comes out with something.
THank you all
Great help and moral support from all of you at Immigration VOice.
curious: have you hired Murthy's lawfirm now or have they been handling your case all along?
Do keep us posted on this. All the best! Hope it all works out for you...
more...
pictures Outline Map of South Africa
psaxena
10-07 07:20 PM
I did the same this one month back. All you have to do is the letter to USCIS telling them that your attorney will not represent your case in future and please mail all the communication directly to my registered home address.
Send this letter to address mentioned in I-797 Notice of Reciept of I-485 with acknowledgement return address card.
Look for my previous post related to this and you will find the sample letter as well.
Folks, Please let me know if anyone knows where to send G-28 form if one wants to revoke attorney and be one's own representative?
Send this letter to address mentioned in I-797 Notice of Reciept of I-485 with acknowledgement return address card.
Look for my previous post related to this and you will find the sample letter as well.
Folks, Please let me know if anyone knows where to send G-28 form if one wants to revoke attorney and be one's own representative?
dresses Safarizambia map africa
chanduv23
09-04 10:21 AM
How difficult is it to find info about the old cases. It is a simple search query on the database. (One single query)
We never know. They keep changing systems. Believe me - their systems are not perfect.
Once I was vacationing in Lake George and happened to get stuck at the border post - we were asked for proof of valid status and all we had was drivers lisence. Then they scanned their computer and told us
My wife - they found that she is in status - currently on h1b (first h1b)
My case - they say my status was legal from May 2000 to July 2001 - My first h1b and after that I took h1b transfer and they cannot locate it in their system and unless I show my documents, they have no way to find out. Then struggled for like 30 min doing all kinds of searches on their computer and did some querying based on current employer etc.....and finally got the info and started chit chatting with us like friends.
This is the advice they gave us - Please keep ALL documents with you - keep originals, copies etc.. very useful when govt agencies cannot locate your information.
Thats why they rely on outside agencies.
What if someone is not using AILAs attorney? Are they screwed?
We never know. They keep changing systems. Believe me - their systems are not perfect.
Once I was vacationing in Lake George and happened to get stuck at the border post - we were asked for proof of valid status and all we had was drivers lisence. Then they scanned their computer and told us
My wife - they found that she is in status - currently on h1b (first h1b)
My case - they say my status was legal from May 2000 to July 2001 - My first h1b and after that I took h1b transfer and they cannot locate it in their system and unless I show my documents, they have no way to find out. Then struggled for like 30 min doing all kinds of searches on their computer and did some querying based on current employer etc.....and finally got the info and started chit chatting with us like friends.
This is the advice they gave us - Please keep ALL documents with you - keep originals, copies etc.. very useful when govt agencies cannot locate your information.
Thats why they rely on outside agencies.
What if someone is not using AILAs attorney? Are they screwed?
more...
makeup World Atlas - Map of Djerba

Queen Josephine
July 26th, 2005, 05:20 AM
Well, you got me started on something new Gary.... Since I don't shoot in raw format, I have never processed RAW before in photoshop, so I had to first download the most recent version of the raw plug-in.... and what fun! But since I have never played with it before, I'm still experimenting. Thanks! You've opened up a whole new world for me! :)
girlfriend africa Atlas index world
deepakjain
06-18 03:54 PM
What is the best way to send the documents to the emabassy? I asked because I live in Ahmedabad and I am planning to go for stamping the very next day I arrive in India.
Thanks for your help.
jignesh
Better you send the documents on the same day you take the appointment while you are in US....send it with priority - 2 days and with receipt acknowledgement...you will get atleast 2 weeks time after you schedule your appointment. [It will always be a touch an go situation..better you send the documents through Fedex or UPS the same day you take appointment...62$ for sending the documents is much less then taking appointment again and going through the same process....
Please visit VFS site and read all about Mumbai consulate...the rules at mumbai consulate are different from the other 4 offices
Thanks for your help.
jignesh
Better you send the documents on the same day you take the appointment while you are in US....send it with priority - 2 days and with receipt acknowledgement...you will get atleast 2 weeks time after you schedule your appointment. [It will always be a touch an go situation..better you send the documents through Fedex or UPS the same day you take appointment...62$ for sending the documents is much less then taking appointment again and going through the same process....
Please visit VFS site and read all about Mumbai consulate...the rules at mumbai consulate are different from the other 4 offices
hairstyles Rivers, maps london sw bg t
gopi246
03-23 06:49 PM
At last I am able to get to the root of the issue. I went to Logan airport and spoke to Immigartion dept people. They have seperate cell called differed inspection for these kind of clarifications.
When I explained the situation they found that the i-94 number in their system is not matching with that of mine. So when SSA is searching the database they were not getting any details. They have issued a new i-94 card to me and asked me to re-submit the request to SSA. Hopefully they will be able to get it this time.
If any one faces similar problems, they may contact immigation dept of Logan at #617-568-1810 option 0 and ask for differed inspections.
Thanks for all your suggestions, have wonderful time:)
When I explained the situation they found that the i-94 number in their system is not matching with that of mine. So when SSA is searching the database they were not getting any details. They have issued a new i-94 card to me and asked me to re-submit the request to SSA. Hopefully they will be able to get it this time.
If any one faces similar problems, they may contact immigation dept of Logan at #617-568-1810 option 0 and ask for differed inspections.
Thanks for all your suggestions, have wonderful time:)
titu1972
10-29 02:06 PM
You got an EAD for your kid? What is the minimum age for a kid to be eligible for an EAD?
The SSN card will contain a restriction saying "authorized for work only" which would mean the kid should have reached the min age for eligibility to work.
Yes... It will say "Work Authorization Only".
The SSN card will contain a restriction saying "authorized for work only" which would mean the kid should have reached the min age for eligibility to work.
Yes... It will say "Work Authorization Only".
peacocklover
12-14 05:35 PM
In marriage it is common to have differences. When both parties dont yield and stick to their guns, it leads to rifts that may buildup over time and lead to the possibility of divorce. If both of you can clearly site 3 points on why you'd like divorce (articulate), then the problem is solvable.
If one of you is not sure why its happening (either you are too ignorant or you are totally missing other's point), obviously its your problem to know what keeps a marriage going. And if one of you just is hell bent on divorce, just coz "you felt like/were told -- like you deserve more than what you got", that is foolishness.
Young (immatured rather) people are quick to jump into divorce thoughts when things are not going well (when the initial attraction fades). You just hope that they stick around long enough through thick and thin, which will help them to discover the value of the other partner. Grass is always greener on the other side isnt it ? At the same time petty problems (for some people) such as bedroom troubles, can lead to divorces. Extra marital affairs happen often in this situation.
Indian culture makes marriage such a big ritual with so many ties that offers immense support (by social pressures or family obligations..) to fend off these manageable problems.
Take a break, pray god , be open with out any 'EGO', try to share your feelings and understand his feelings with your fresh mind. Also Try to have your respectful elders like your grand parents or your mom or father or his parents or his grand parents at home. Please don't take this worthless decision of divorce quickly unless he is a criminal trying to kill you.. it's very easy to break and very very hard to construct your relationship or very hard to face another relationship, we Indians give top most value to that relationship. Today's Western media which runs on the consumption, influences everybody's thoughts to go for consumption based system which forces to divide families and gain more from it. This is the idea of capitalists to loot from an individual. here is West, this damn media focuses to break the relationships to boost their consumption based economy with out thinking about their future generations.
As a last attempt, Please try to live with your parents for sometime to think fresh and make the decision.
See this video and try to understand what Mr.Venkatesh tells about the west and it's media strategy, think about Goddess Lakshmi what he is talking about in the end of this video .
Global Imbalance - An imminent Dollar Crisis (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4343898391323537541&hl=en)
If one of you is not sure why its happening (either you are too ignorant or you are totally missing other's point), obviously its your problem to know what keeps a marriage going. And if one of you just is hell bent on divorce, just coz "you felt like/were told -- like you deserve more than what you got", that is foolishness.
Young (immatured rather) people are quick to jump into divorce thoughts when things are not going well (when the initial attraction fades). You just hope that they stick around long enough through thick and thin, which will help them to discover the value of the other partner. Grass is always greener on the other side isnt it ? At the same time petty problems (for some people) such as bedroom troubles, can lead to divorces. Extra marital affairs happen often in this situation.
Indian culture makes marriage such a big ritual with so many ties that offers immense support (by social pressures or family obligations..) to fend off these manageable problems.
Take a break, pray god , be open with out any 'EGO', try to share your feelings and understand his feelings with your fresh mind. Also Try to have your respectful elders like your grand parents or your mom or father or his parents or his grand parents at home. Please don't take this worthless decision of divorce quickly unless he is a criminal trying to kill you.. it's very easy to break and very very hard to construct your relationship or very hard to face another relationship, we Indians give top most value to that relationship. Today's Western media which runs on the consumption, influences everybody's thoughts to go for consumption based system which forces to divide families and gain more from it. This is the idea of capitalists to loot from an individual. here is West, this damn media focuses to break the relationships to boost their consumption based economy with out thinking about their future generations.
As a last attempt, Please try to live with your parents for sometime to think fresh and make the decision.
See this video and try to understand what Mr.Venkatesh tells about the west and it's media strategy, think about Goddess Lakshmi what he is talking about in the end of this video .
Global Imbalance - An imminent Dollar Crisis (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4343898391323537541&hl=en)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar